Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January in review

I saw a post were people were rating their month and I like that so I am going to do that every month. This month I would give myself an A-. Running wise I hit all my runs and ran 111 miles this month ("grade" A). However, I think I slacked on strength training, even though I was getting better by the second half of the month ("grade" B). And eating wise I'm working hard to figure out what is going to work for me since but I have stayed in calorie range and am feeling okay ("grade" B+).

Today's run was inside which I was okay with me. I set the belt at 5.5 mph and put the incline at 3% for 5 minutes. For the next 5 minutes I set it at 5.6 mph with 2.5%. Next 5 minutes I set it at 5.7 mph with 2%. Next 5 minutes I up it again to 5.8 mph but left the incline at 2%. Again the next 5 minutes were 5.9 mph at 1.5% and the last 5 minutes I went from 6 to 6.5 mph, every minute adding .1 mph. Ended up running 3 miles in 31 minutes. It felt really good and I think I might do this every Tuesday. After I was done running I did 25 minutes of weights. 4 upper body machines, 4 lower upper machines, the back extension and some abs.

Looking forward to seeing what happens in February.

1 comment: