Monday, January 16, 2017

Reading update

After I posted about trying to read more my mom give me a list of books. "What Alice Forgot...", "A Man Called Ove", "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry" and "Small Things". I looked at the library to see if I could get any of the books. I had to request all of them (and will have to wait awhile for most of them) but "What Alice Forgot..." was at the library so I picked it. Yesterday was a rest day so I spent most of the day reading. I have already read about 100 pages and I can tell you that I am really enjoying it and it's actually relaxing. I'm someone who loves having background noise (right now I have the TV but I have no idea what's on) and I have trouble just sitting. The kids spent some time in the basement playing, Matt was reading himself, and I sat in our bed and read. We got out of the house around 2:00 and took the kids for a walk just to get them out of the house as they were yelling at each other, but I totally would have been okay staying home all day. I think I am going to try to read every night instead of watching "silly" TV which will probably help me sleep better too and maybe not snack since I am busy reading.

Also since I took yesterday as a rest day I went to the gym this morning for an hour of cross training. It felt good to be active and this week is going to a "jump" in training. Tuesday and Thursday are the same 3 miles. Wednesday I am running 6 (instead of 5) and Saturday is 11 miles (almost the furthest I have run in a LONG time!) I am going to try to lift tomorrow and I have kettlebell/kickboxing on Thursday night.

Day goal today is: to read for half an hour and have only one snack/treat today

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of that book, I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete