Friday, January 13, 2017

Rest Day?

Today was suppose to be a rest day but I couldn't pass up running with a buddy that I don't normally get to run with. Beth and I met up at the Bike and Hike on 303 and set out to do 5-6 miles. I let Beth pick the pace and we had a steady 10 min mile pace going. I enjoyed our conversation, when running with Amanda, we tend to try to go at a 10 min pace but is always faster and I am unable to talk much. Beth was ready to turn around at the 2.5 mile mark but I told her that we should just do the 6 she wanted. With a mile left I told Beth that it was time to pick up the pace (I always love running the last mile a little quicker than the rest) and we took off. I was super proud of Beth for picking it up and even if she doesn't think so I think her last mile was under 10 minutes!

Even though I didn't "rest" today I think it's okay since I am only suppose to run 6 miles for my long run. And even though I could count that as my long run, I haven't seen Amanda all week, so I still think I am going to meet up with her in the am. She needs 8 but I am only going to 6 (she can't make me go a step further!) Also Charlie has a birthday party that he is super excited about at the bowling alley with his school friends.

Besides running goals, I have decided I am going to try to read more. I picked up a book on Monday at the library and have already read it (wasn't great but it was a book and not a fitness magazine) and have already requested a new book "A man called Ove" both my parents told me that I would love the book. I like fiction mostly but am wanting to try a little non-fiction as well. I know goodreads is a good place to look for books, but does anyone have any good recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment