Thursday, January 12, 2017

Randoms

Ohio winter weather is weird! This past weekend it was 15 degrees and now it's raining and about 60 degrees. Back to the 30's this weekend and by next Tuesday, 60 and rainy! I almost rather see snow since it's winter and all, we would probably have a foot of snow if it was snow! Amanda and I haven't been able to meet this week. Tuesday the kids had a snow (ice day) and today it was too rainy. I wouldn't have minded running in the rain but it was POURING and as I drove back from dropping of Charlie I looked at the towpath, the canal was almost spilling over from all the rain. So it's been a treadmill week.  Tuesday and today were just "easy" days, since I was on the treadmill it was easy to go slow. Tuesday I ran on an incline for 2.5 miles and and then dropped it down and picked up the pace a little and ran 4 miles. Today I started at 5.7 mph and just kind of went slow for the first 2.5 miles and then sped up to make it 3.5 miles in 35 minutes. Wednesday I ran 5 miles at an average pace of 6.7 mph .  I ran the first mile at 6.5 mph and then up the speed a .1 mph each mile after and then at 5 miles took it down to 6 mph for a half mile cool down. And tomorrow is a rest day.

My hair is too short for ponytails but it's not too short to do something with my hair. My friend Maria last week gave me some HippieBands, which worked out great! I saw on their website you can get 10 for $20 right now. It's a grab bag thing so you have no idea what you are getting. I probably will either do that or just pick a few since they are usually $5 a piece since I already have 2 from her and some old BondiBands. I just feel kind of weird wearing the BondiBands because of what's on them. One says "Let's Race" with a picture of a turtle and the other one says "Slow is the new Fast". 6 years ago they were great since I was kind of slow and getting back into running from having Ella and from health things. But now I feel like I'm just making fun of slow runners.Too bad you can't just turn them inside out and no one would know but the fabric on the inside is what holds the band in place.

Last week at Aldis, I saw a bag of "bite size chicken" and since I like easy I bought a bag for my lunches. All week I have been making 6-7 pieces of the chicken, hard boiled egg, bell peppers, celery, carrots, snow peas, and cucumbers (with honey mustard salad dressing for a dip). And surprisingly it's kept me full. I am trying to eat more protein so the chicken has been a great addition. For breakfast on the days I have to take the kids to school,  I have a protein bar and a string cheese. I do like eating Greek yogurt with fruit and granola when I am not in a rush. Any other ideas for protein?

1 comment:

  1. This rain today is crazy. I wondered if the towpath was going to be flooded.

    Also, your lunch sounds good. I'm going to go to Aldi's and see if I can find the bite sized chicken too.

    ReplyDelete