Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Speedwork

Today was speedwork and I choose the treadmill again. I had heard it was slippery outside and falling right now is NOT an option. The plan said to run 6 miles with 5X800s mixed in. I had read about doing speed intervals but I accidentally screwed it up thinking I was running 400s and not 800s. So my recovery time was too short. Instead of .25 miles I was doing .15. No wonder I died and had to stop and catch my breathe for the last 2 intervals. I'll remember that next time.

I've been getting tired of my running playlist on my iPod so I was looking for stuff I haven't heard lately and start listening to Ben Folds. I remember getting introduced to him by Matt when we first started to hang out/date (whatever you want to call it) and going to Old Man's Cave listening to the CD. And then in the spring of junior year driving to Cleveland in the middle of the week and seeing Ben Folds at Severance Hall. And today I listened to the "Rockin' the Suburbs" album and had all those flashbacks which helped.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34u_3Z9_LUw&feature=share

One of my most favorites and so easy to do speedwork with.(I choose to use the edited version as I do have little ears around here now...)

No comments:

Post a Comment