Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Busy week

After my run on Saturday, I felt just okay. I felt like I drank lots of water but didn't have to use the bathroom that much. And by Saturday night, my tummy just didn't feel "right" and I had the most restless legs ever! I tend to get that way when I am exhausted or after a long/hard run and the best thing I can do is just go to bed. I went to bed at 9:30 and slept until 8:30. My legs felt much better but my stomach was still just okay, and it didn't help that Ella came into the room and said that she had thrown up at some point in the night. Matt also had said the night before he wasn't feeling 100% either. After relaxing for awhile and going grocery shopping I decided that maybe the bike ride would be fun. I am glad that I did, because of that I felt 10 times better.

Monday was a rest day and I read another book,  "The Storied Life of A.J. Fikery". It was another book that my mom had said that I would like. I did, but I still liked "What Alice Forgot,,," better. There was a mystery side to the book but I had it figured out as soon as it happened. I wasn't as invested in the characters either.

Tuesday, I met my running buddy at the towpath for 3 miles. It was a little chiller than we both had thought and I wished I had gloves but since it was only 3 miles it was okay. I don't think we do it on purpose (at least I didn't yesterday) but we ran 9:25, 9:15 and 8:34, I do like progressive runs but when it's an "easy" I need to keep it slow. I went to the gym in the evening and ran a mile to warm up and then I lifted weights for 45 minutes and another mile to cool down. I did all of the machines and today my arms are a little sore.

And today I was suppose to run 6 miles at marathon pace (9:24). Since last week I decided to incorporate some speed to those runs I had a 35 minute tempo run (between 8:45-9 minute miles) in between. I went over to the gym and got on the treadmill. I ran for 15 minutes at 6.4 (1.6 miles) and then started my tempo run. I ran anywhere between 6.7-7.1 for those miles (I stopped every 15 minutes for a quick drink of water) and by 50 minutes I had run 5.50 miles. When I read what I was suppose to do today I thought  it had said to run 7 miles so I ended up finishing the run in 1:02:35. I was happy to be done and very sweaty. Then I looked again at the training plan and was "mad" that I ran an extra mile. But I was also very pleased that I stuck with the tempo part of the run as it was difficult at times while running on the treadmill. Mental toughness here I come.


1 comment:

  1. Good job on your run today. And, I still have to check out that book. Too bad I don't have a connection at the library....

    ReplyDelete