Saturday, January 14, 2017

Words of Wisdom


So I might not have a ponytail anymore, but my buddy Beth (the one I ran with yesterday), posted this at the beginning of the year and I have be thinking a lot about that. I know I said that I have been doing well with the whole losing weight thing but in all honesty I have probably gained about 4 lbs over the last 6 months (actually I am sure I said that, whatever) and today I just got mad. I ate great most of the week, we may have Klondike bars in the house right now, but other than that I have eaten good. Lots of fruits and veggies and protein. I know there are other factors like salt and for lack of a better term women issues but I was angry this morning. But instead of letting it get this best of me I had a great run with Amanda. I met up with her at the Bike and Hike again and ran 7 miles. We ran the first 5 "slow" around 9:50 pace and the last 2 miles were 9:16 and 8:39 (average 9:31).

And then on another blog someone posted that instead of focusing on big goals and looking at trying to lose 25 lbs (which overwhelms her, even though I don't have as much to lose it still overwhelms me) she is going to look for things to do for today and today only. So with that in mind today I am going to think about the fact that I ran 7 miles and that I am focus on drinking more water and eat more fruit and veggies. Charlie has a birthday party to go to at the bowling alley which will be fun but I am going to eat lunch before hand so I don't snack too much. And I am going to enjoy a piece of cake because I can and NOT feel guilty!

I am going to do my best to post about these mini goals daily and see if that helps make things less overwhelming.

No comments:

Post a Comment