Saturday, January 7, 2017

Long Run

My friend Cathy posted earlier this week about this weekends run plans and I was excited. Then I realized they weren't running until Sunday and I knew that I couldn't do Sunday. So I okay with running my long run by myself on a treadmill. I mean it's 9 freaking degrees. Then I asked my friend Amanda if she realized it was Sunday and not Saturday and asked her plans. She said she'd be willing to run outside on Saturday if I was going to. After Thursdays run I felt confident that I wouldn't get too cold and the snow wasn't a problem but I kept looking at the 9 degree forecast, so I told Amanda just to run on Sunday and I'd do the treadmill. Matt came home from work and I talked to him about it and he called me a wuss, I texted Amanda and said let's meet at 845. Sigh, but really I am so glad that I put my big girl pants (tights) on and went out. The first mile was rough but after that I got warm and enjoyed the run.

I think I still need to figure out clothes, bottom was fine with just running tights and darn tough socks. I ended up wearing an UnderArmor bottom layer, a vest that Matt let me borrow and then the fleece jacket again. I was fine the whole time but Matt thinks I overdressed as I sweated through all the clothes. I added a hat over my headband and will probably continue that. Overall, I was happy with this run and could have done maybe one more mile.

1 comment: