Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Tough Run

I know that every run is not going to be rainbows and unicorns but today's 6 miles were TOUGH. I ran the first 2 miles at 6.3 mph and stopped for water. I had to convince myself to get back on and ran the next 2 miles at 6.4 mph stopping every freaking mile to get more water. The last 2 miles were "let's hurry up and finish this" 6.6-7.5 mph. I did NOT like anything about today's run, well other than I keep on trucking until I hit 6 miles. I could have not run at all (I had some inner voices telling me I didn't have to even run at all) or given up at 2 miles. I guess that's why they call running such a mental thing. Something that I am still learning. Last year I totally learned that I am much more capable than I thought. I crushed my 5K, 10K, and 15K goals out of the water.  I also learned that my head gives up way better my legs (stopping feet away from the finish of the 10K...LOL). I just gotta remember that and today's run in April or any Saturday as I start running longer and longer.


No comments:

Post a Comment