Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Managing a healthy weight

I have a love/hate relationship with my body. I am amazed at the things it does like running, having two kids, doing yoga, lifting weights (kettlebells), walking, chasing the kids, kickboxing....just to name a few. What I really don't love (but am beginning to appreciate) is the extra weight that I carry on my 5'10" (or 9" depending on the doctor) frame. Over the last decade I lost 40 lbs, had two kids, and recently lost 25 lbs. I have been able to maintain this weight for the last year and a half and I think that's why I had so much success last year in my running. SIDE NOTE: I am aware that all the running I did also helped me get those PRs. I also have started lifting more weights and probably gained muscle as people think I have lost more weight over the last year, I have NOT but it's been rearranged (haha!). I am getting to point I finally feel comfort in my skin but would LOVE to lose about 10 lbs. Over the last 6 months I probably gained 5 lbs (but was able to stay the same weight from Thanksgiving to New Years Day!)  So, I am getting back to the healthy habits that I did 2 years ago and hope that the weight comes off again. This weeks goal has been to eat more fruits and veggies. And it becoming a habit again, in fact last night instead of the usual chips or chocolate I got out some bell peppers, cucumbers, celery and carrots. A pro (haha!) tip as soon as you get your produce home wash it and cut it up! I use to say that I always was getting veggies, but they would get gross before I ate them as I never wanted to cut them up!

I am not looking for people to give me compliments...this was a post for me just to talk through some of my feelings about my body and weight. But feel free to give me helpful advice

People on facebook are you able to comment on my blog? I know that some people have been able to (other bloggers) but I am having trouble even replying to comments....Just wondering

2 comments:

  1. You look amazeballs. And you have done amazeballs things :) True story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good blog post. And, I really need to do that with my veggies. They really will just sit in my fridge and not be touched if they aren't cut up.

    ReplyDelete