Saturday, January 21, 2017

Good, Bad, Ugly

Good

  • Last night Matt and I went to one of those escape rooms with some of his co-workers for a team building thing. We escaped with 3 SECONDS to spare. It was hilarious and I still can't believe we escaped!
  • Also we went to a new restaurant with the group, The Oak Barrel, and had good food.
  • Mimi and Papa H. took the kids overnight so we could really enjoy the night.
  • I ran 11 miles today in the glorious sun and 60 degree weather.
  • I got to see the waterfalls at Brandywine which is always cool.



Thanks Amanda for the pictures from today's run!

Bad
  • I ran 11 miles.
  • I didn't eat good pre-run food last night, I ate a cheeseburger and half of the fries. I did make sure to drink tons of water.
  • I went to bed "late" (11:30) and had trouble sleeping.
  • I woke up hungry but didn't eat much before running (a protein bar and a string cheese).
  • I was already dreading the run.
Ugly
  • I ran 11 miles
  • I should have carried water with me
  • I should have had fuel with me
  • I mentally defended myself at mile 7ish.
But really overall, I was pleased that I ran 11 miles (see the whole good, bad, ugly thing) and proud that I completed all my scheduled training runs this week. But I really do have to start thinking about taking water with me on the long runs. I am wondering if I should get a belt or just a hand handled thing. Next week I am thinking of trying hand handled with some Nuun that Matt gave me for Christmas. I have used Nuun before and I like the flavor and things but really didn't notice if it helped, but I haven't ran more than 10 miles in a LONG time. It has "energy" in the drink but I think I need to find sports beans (I've liked those in the past) or the stringer things that everyone else seems to love. And lastly I need to get OUT of my head. I know that I could have completed this run running the whole way but after we turned around and I knew we had to run up the hills again and then a gentle incline the rest of the way just go me. Any tips on how to become more mentally focused? I need to really work on that...last year I totally learned that my head gives up way before my body but I just haven't tested it past a 10k (20 more miles seems soo intimidating!)

No comments:

Post a Comment