Sunday, January 29, 2017

12 miles!

My running buddy wasn't able to do the long run yesterday so we had to wait until today. Yesterday I was just had to do something. After a lazy morning and after grocery shopping I decided I could go for a walk. It was chilly and windy so I opted for the gym and the treadmill. I set the incline to 2% and started walking. I got bored quickly and decided it would be okay to run at 5.5 mph. I played for the incline from 2-5% and ran 4 miles in 45 minutes. Matt made homeade pizza for dinner and we enjoyed a movie called "The Way, Way Back". Same people who did "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Juno", we both liked the movie.

I had a little bit of trouble falling asleep last night but was ready to get moving. I woke up and ate a protein bar and a string cheese. I also decided to drink 16 oz of water before heading out the door. I was perfectly dressed this morning with my fleece lined tights, my UnderArmor shirt, Matt's "windbreaker", darn tough socks, and glove/mittens. I also brought water and some shot blocks since last week's run was bad. We ran out 6 miles and we stopped so I could eat some of the shot blocks. They got cold (and they are also like 5 years old but I don't think that really matters) and it took me a mile to finally chew 2 up. I do think that really helped but not sure if shot blocks are the answer, but we had them in the house. Maybe GU? We were almost a whole minute slower than last week but I felt so much better than I did last week. The towpath was covered in snow which was okay except over the bridges where it got deeper and we were unsure of footing (even though there was no ice to be seen). Next week I have a "break" and have 9 miles on the schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment