Monday, January 2, 2017

First 5 miles

Yesterday I should have run. But instead I did some cleaning around the house and then went for an hour walk with the family. We were going to go to the towpath but it was a muddy mess so we drove up to 303 and walked the Bike and Hike. I cannot believe all the complaining we got from the kids especially since this past fall we did the fall hiking spree and it was so much fun! They had been in the house for days so I thought they would enjoy being out in the fresh air. 5 minutes into the walk, Ella was like "can we go back to the car?" And Charlie can be the slowest walker ever. Actually Matt kept "kicking" him in the butt to make him move faster. We must have been a sight (especially towards the end when Ella was screaming and crying because we teased her with walking the other way when we got back to the cars!) I did learn something though, Charlie can move when there's candy on the line. Not sure if that's the best thing or not...but who am I kidding food totally motivates me too!

Here are some pictures of various hikes we took.









Today I did get 5 miles in. I could have run outside since it was nice but I was thinking of doing some sort of intervals. I ended up running at 6.0 for 4 minutes and then running 7.0 for a minute for a mile. And then I increased the running for 4 minutes part by 0.1 every mile. I ended up running 5 miles in 47:25. Then I was going to some weights that my friend, Alyssa, gave to me but my phone wasn't letting me look at the document so I just did some core and back stuff. Tomorrow is the kids last day of winter break so I will have to run on the treadmill again but hopefully Wednesday I'll get back outside. Or Thursday with my buddy Amanda!

2 comments: