Saturday, February 25, 2017

Weekly Update

I'm realizing that it's "easier" to do one long post than trying to think of something interesting every day to write about. Stealing words from my friend Randy, February is my new favorite month of summer. This week it has been in the 60s and yesterday it was 74 degrees!!!!

Tuesday I met up with Amanda at her house and we ran around Ellet. Nothing exciting about the run but the short "easy" days there really never is anything exciting and it shouldn't be.

Tuesday night, Cori (who I met once I think) posted that she was hoping to run on Wednesday 5-8 miles. I needed 7 so I told her I was planning on running 7 at a 9:30 minute mile pace. She couldn't care less about the pace (I found out that she is super quick!) and we met over at Memorial Parkway for 7 miles. Since we have never run together I felt that I had to look like I wasn't working too hard and she told me that I had to set the pace because she always runs too fast and dies at the end. We ended up with an average pace just under 9 minute miles (Oops!!!!)

Thursday I met up again with Amanda on the towpath. We were only going to run 3 but we got to 1.6 and decided to make it an even 4. The first mile was around 9:55 and we just got progressively faster with the last mile at 8:55. I really enjoy running like that sometimes even if my body at the end is a little tired. Later that evening I had my kettlebell class at the Y and got there early. So I decided to jump on the treadmill and see how fast I could run a mile. It's been awhile since I tried and was pleasantly surprised at my 7:45 minute mile and that I was able to get through kettlebell and kickboxing.

Friday, the kids had another day off of school and it was a rest day. I did laundry and we took a walk to the library and to the community park and played all afternoon. Matt got  home early from work and we decided that we HAD to go to the Winking Lizard for dinner even though we were planning on going out to lunch on Saturday. We shared a deluxe pizza, I ate several handfuls of popcorn, some of Ella's mac and cheese and her french fries. We come home and the kids were ready to go to bed at 7! Matt and I watched "Bad Moms" and it was hilarious, I think Matt laughed more than me! I tried to go to bed early last night but it was stuffy in our bedroom. I feel like I was up every hour and I was up before the alarm at 6:20.

I met up with Megan this morning at Hunt Farm again (just like two weeks ago). And we tackled the
"mountain" again. We ran 9 miles at a 9:54 minute pace and I felt good. Megan stopped and I got a drink of water and got my headphones before finishing 4 solo miles. About 3 minutes into the run I remembered seeing on my training plan that at week 10 you were suppose to "race" a half marathon. And since I obviously didn't sign up to run one but was running 13.1 miles anyways I decided to try to keep a good speed through the remainder of the miles. The "Footloose" soundtrack kept the pace up and I finished with an overall average pace of 9:43 and a time of 2:07:23. Which is crazy, first it's my second fastest ever half marathon (2008 PR 2:05:32) and it's definitely my post baby PR and I wasn't really trying. I mean I guess I was at the end but running the "mountain" my only goal was not to stop and walk.

Next week it's 17!!!! miles!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment