Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Been Awhile

So I haven't said much this past week. There's nothing really to report. After last week's speedwork out I ran 3 easy miles outside with Amanda. I didn't think it going to be cold so I was underdressed and complained for the first 1.5 miles. But warmed up and it ended up being a good run. Saturday we scaled the miles back and ran 9 miles. The first 4 miles were a little too fast (930ish pace) and for some reason both me and Amanda struggled for the rest of the run. Oh well!

I ran yesterday since I took Sunday as a rest day (should have been cross training on Sunday). I started the incline at 6% and 5.3 mph and every 5 minutes went down .5% and up .1 in mph. Finished running 3 mile in 34 minutes with an average incline of 4.5%.

This morning was annoying. I should have run 3 miles but instead I had to take Matt's car to a mechanic at 9. And since we didn't know how long it was gonna take Matt got me a rental car and the rental place was going to come pick me up before 10. They got there at 10:05 and I got the car around 10:35. Matt called and said don't rent the car, the part they need for the Honda won't be here for 6 weeks but it's okay to drive. However, by that time I had already rented the car and on my way to get Charlie from preschool. I called and told them I no longer needed the rental and I was going to return it and ask for a ride back to the mechanic. We returned the car and they told me since I literally just rented it that they weren't going to charge us for the day and got our money back. Oh well, I'll just run  and lift after dinner.

1 comment:

  1. What a pain for the rental car, but glad they refunded your money. And, where do they have to order a part that isn't going to be here for 6 weeks??

    ReplyDelete