Wednesday, March 1, 2017

February In Review

This February hasn't been the typical month weather wise. I was prepared to run in A LOT of clothes and lots of treadmill miles. I don't think I ever had to overthink what I was wearing. There may have been a few short runs where I was under-dressed but really it wasn't much of a problem since I was only running 3-5 miles. Last week I ran all of my runs outside, two of those days I was wearing t-shirts and actually one day in shorts! My long run days the temperatures were in the 40-50s which made for some good times, I really didn't think I would be running in just a long sleeve tech shirt and tights! Two of my long runs were over the Shamrock course and I have decided I really like running that course and loops. Running out and backs on the towpath are just dreadful, I seriously rather run on the treadmill!

Overall this month I would rate it an A. I ran all of the miles I was suppose to (113 miles to be exact) and I continue to be injury free. I was worried about my back and the longer miles but so far all of my PT and the exercises they gave me seem to be helping. I have been consistently getting 2 strength training days in. One on Tuesdays which I just do all the machines at the YMCA and the other on Thursday nights a kettlebell/kickboxing class also at the YMCA. I would like to see myself getting back to yoga at some point as well. Eating wise I realized at the end of the month that I wasn't eating enough for the training I was doing. January I felt okay but not great during the long runs, but this month I actually have been feeling so much better and more energy during the runs. I still could eat A LOT better but hey I'm eating more veggies/fruits and protein which I know is something I have to really be mindful of. Also after long runs I am NOT interested at all in the food. Last Saturday after my 13 miler I went out to lunch with my family at BJ's Brewhouse and nothing sounded good. I ended up just eating broccoli cheddar soup in a breadbowl and salad. Since we were celebrating birthdays too I had a piece of cake and ice cream (honestly it didn't really taste all that good but I still ate it). And then for dinner I had two bowls of cereal and that's it. I did have a bagel with peanut butter and string cheese before the run too but I didn't even eat all the calories that I should eat and then I had even more calories since I ran so much. BUT don't worry I think I made up for it on Sunday (which is usually when I eat EVERYTHING!) I'm almost ashamed to write this but I ate a bagel with peanut butter and a donut (thanks to a wonderful hubby who just had to get them after I ate the bagel!) for breakfast. I had leftover tacos for lunch. And then Charlie had another birthday party were I ate twoish slices of pizza, Doritos, and two mini donuts! Then we came home and Matt had made homeade pizza, I just had to have a slice of that. At least I also eat some veggies with dinner but seriously yikes! At least it's only one day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment