Saturday, April 22, 2017

One week away!

Can you believe it? Next Sunday is marathon day! Easter weekend happened and I totally forgot to post anything. So here's a quick recap of the last two weeks of running.

April 9-16

Monday I did an hour of yoga.
Tuesday I ran 5 miles
Wednesday I ran 4 miles
Thursday I ran 5 miles before kettlebell, which I learned was a terrible mistake. But I was unable to get out any earlier and that's just what happens sometimes.
Friday was a rest day but because Matt had the day off I spent the day helping me re-work part of the pergola and mowed the grass. Another thing I learned that was a terrible mistake!
Saturday Amanda, Megan, and me went down to Canton to see part of the course and 12 miles. Amanda told me that she was going to run at a 9 minute pace which is too fast for me when going more than 6-7 miles but I thought I was going to be okay since this was going to be a group run. Only 15 (maybe less) people showed up and all quicker that I had to run faster than planned. I died around 8 miles and made it to 11 miles. But walked the rest. Oops! I do know now that I can't run anyone else's race except my own.

April 17-22
Monday I had a little bit of time and since I bonked on Saturday I decided to run 3 quick miles. Then since we were kid-less (thanks mom and dad), Matt and I rode our bikes on the towpath from big bend to lock 29 (a stop for the Winking Lizard) and back. It was a lovely bike ride and dinner date!
Tuesday I met up with Amanda and we ran 4 miles. I also got new shoes! I always wait way too long for shoes but since I get the same shoes over and over (just different generations but same shoe) I can run in them without worrying too much. In fact last year I ran a 9 mile race the day after I got shoes and a 3.5 mile race the day before I got another pair!)
Wednesday I ran 3 miles on the treadmill, it was like running on clouds with the new shoes! (kids were home again!)
Thursday 4 more miles on the treadmill.
Friday I took a true rest day
Saturday I met up with one of my very favorite buddies, Cathy, and we had the most pleasant 8 mile run.

I am going to try to post every day this week random thoughts about running/training/reflections.

Seriously there is only ONE week until the Football Hall of Fame Marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment