Monday, April 3, 2017

4 weeks to GO and a March wrap up!

This past week of training was just that, training. Nothing exciting but nothing bad at all. I ran all my distances at mostly the right paces. I ran 5 miles in the mist and wished I had long sleeves on Tuesday, to a crappy 5 miler on the treadmill (probably dehydration) on Wednesday, and 6 miles through thunder and lightning on Thursday. And then I realized I had mixed up weeks and should have run 8 miles on Wednesday. So I ran a quick 2 miler on the treadmill before kettlebell/kickboxing Thursday night so I could rest on Friday. Rest days are soo hard for me, I get grumpy and stir crazy. It didn't help that it was rainy all day too. I had a headache and was ready  to go to bed when Matt got home at 530, HAHA. I ended up in bed by 10 to wake up at 6 so I could run 12 miles with Amanda and Brittany! I did the same loop that I did the week before, a little faster and less walking breaks, and flew down the hill on Portage Path by Sand Run. My last two miles were around a 9 min pace. I sent Brittany and Amanda off to run 10 more miles. I did my usual cross training on Sunday and feel ready for this coming week 3-5 milers and a 20ish miler on Saturday.

Which brings me to a question...what is your favorite flavor of GU? Or what is your favorite type of fuel for long runs? I had been using shot blocks but they're too chewy (okay I will admit the ones I have been using are like 5 years old!) and take FOREVER to eat and they get stuck in my teeth! I have used GU in the past with goodish results but taking the top off of the package made me gag once. It was during a half marathon and I had a dry mouth to begin and the "metal" of the package got on one of my fillings in the back of my teeth and made me gag (I hope that made sense) and I stopped using them. I know at the marathon the tops will already be ripped off so I don't have to worry about that.

March Review

I ran a grand total of 147 miles! I definitely credit that to running 18, 20, 13, and 12 milers on the weekends. Also the plan had me running 8 miles every Wednesday. I have been doing well with strength/crossing training and added going back to yoga. Yoga kicks my butt every Monday but I'm beginning to feel more flexible again. I can almost touch my toes again, darn running and tight hamstrings! I am glad that I stopped "stressing" over eating right now. Since I need to be eating a few more calories than I had while trying to lose weight and be able to have enough energy for longer distances. I AM proud to say that I haven't gained any weight either though! Most of my running friends who have ran marathons say they usually gain like 5 pounds. I was wearing a shirt on Saturday and Matt commented that I looked leaner and I've noticed that my jeans aren't as snug. Maybe I've lost a few inches, I last measured myself in December, so it's probably time to remeasure. Overall I am happy about all my efforts for this marathon and am excited that in 28 days I will be able to say that I have run two marathons, even though this is the first that I feel truly ready for.

ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment