Wednesday, April 12, 2017

3 (well now less...18 days actually....)

Last weeks training was good again.

Monday, Charlie had the day off school and we were so busy that I forgot about going to yoga! Tuesday I met my buddy, Amanda, at her house and we ran around Ellet. I also went to the GNC by my house and the guy there had never heard of GU (haha! I found it later at the GNC by Target on Friday). Wednesday I ran on the towpath 5 miles and on Thursday I ran again on the towpath with Amanda 6 miles. I also had kettlebell/kickboxing on Thursday night and before I ran an extra 2 miles since I had some time and I like to warm up a little before class. Friday I rested and laughed at the snow on the ground, knowing by Sunday it was going to be 73 degrees.

I think I decided what I am going to eat the night before the race, and it's not pasta! The two times that I did my 20 milers I had steak and chicken with veggies. I eat a lot of carbs through the week and I know that carb loading the night before is kinda silly (I'll have spaghetti Thursday night instead...LOL!). Seriously all that protein has helped for the long runs so why do something different, right? RIGHT?!?!!?

Saturday morning I met up with Amanda who was going to run the first 13 miles with me and then I was going solo for the rest. I got two vanilla GUs on Friday and Amanda gave me a strawberry/banana to try. I am still struggling to figure out when it have them. I took one vanilla at mile 7 and then again at 14 but at mile 17 I needed the strawberry/banana. Hmmm, should I take one at every 5 miles? Every mile? (haha kidding about the last one...) Overall the run went great, I even cut 15 minutes off from two weeks ago. I felt good and was happy. However, by 3 or 4 in the afternoon my legs felt bad and I had a headache, I don't think I was dehydrated (I usually weigh myself once before a long run and then again after and I was only one pound lighter) and I drank enough throughout the day. Maybe running a little quicker did that to me? Who know, I crashed in bed by 9 and slept soundly until 8 Sunday morning. I had an hour of cross training to do so I jumped on my bicycle and rode from my house to the towpath for 13 miles.

This weekend, Amanda and I will be running 12 miles which doesn't seem that ridiculous anymore and then we just got to stay healthy until April 30th. We do have a few scheduled runs but all under 8 miles. Holy cow I can't believe it's almost go time.

No comments:

Post a Comment