Friday, May 12, 2017

Random stuff

I never did the month of April breakdown...I don't really have much to say other than I ran 139.21 miles and I attempted to run the Canton marathon but due to heat I had to DNF at mile 17 and will try again on May 21st. That makes the grand total of the year to 507.99 (and now on May 11 it's 550.99...43 miles this month).

I ran 12 miles on the towpath starting at Lock 29 and headed north last Sunday. The weather was PERFECT (seriously why couldn't that been the week before...okay I am done now...actually since the marathon the weather has been close to perfect, and guess what on May 21 it suppose to be 75...please please change, it's got 10 days right?!?!?!) I had met friends but it ended up being just me and my music which was actually kind of nice. Around the 5 mile mark I saw a deer that really didn't care that I was running (there were so many people out) that it didn't move but we stared at each other as I passed and I actually thought it might chase me. After I turned around at mile 6 I wondered if the deer would be there again at 7. Sure enough there it was and I really thought it would start running with me. It actually made a move but I guess it was just moving to another spot to find food. Other than that it was uneventful but a really really really nice run. I ran 12 miles in just over 2 hours.

The weather was sunny for the first half of the week. I got to run on the towpath everyday! Tuesday I ran 4 miles and on Wednesday I ran mostly by feel and surprised myself by running a fast 3 miler. I met up with Amanda on Thursday and we mostly dodged the rain, other than the last halfish mile when we got SOAKED!

Today is a rest day and tomorrow I will run 8 miles with Amanda most likely the Goodyear half blue line.

10 days until attempt 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment